~ Imagine ~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~

~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~
Dedicated, Disciplined, Determined, Dreaming, Daring Dancers .

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MEGAN: What I learned on P

What I learned in Dance Company… Well first of all, I just wanted to say that Dance Company has been one of the funnest experiences I have done in a while. Last year I was debating whether or not I should do it, and I and so grateful that I did.  Through this year, I was able to make about 30 new friends (give or take a few that I already knew), expand on my dancing knowledge and technique, and I was able to have so much fun.  I have learned so many things this year.  Teamwork is one of those things. Even though I have been on many, many teams in the past, this year has expanded my love for being on a team.  I could always count on my peers in Dance Company, who were not only my classmates, but they were my friends. I also learned the importance of hard work and dedication.  During concert week, let me tell you, it can get pretty tough.  One night we even stayed at the school until 10 pm, only to leave because the janitors kicked us out.  It takes a lot of hard work, but it is all worth it. To be on that stage with all those people watching you, with the hot bright lights shining on you with your costumes on and your makeup and hair all done up and the confidence that “you got this” is one of the best feelings ever.  I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to join PDC, and I have never regretted it. Thank you Krista Di Lello for making this year, even with its ups and downs, a wonderful senior year for me.


~Megan Smoot


No comments: