~ Imagine ~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~

~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~
Dedicated, Disciplined, Determined, Dreaming, Daring Dancers .

Thursday, May 26, 2016

My year on PDC ~ by Alexis G.

At the beginning of the year when I decided to choreograph I didn't realize how difficult it would be. Choreographing first semester was hard because I had only choreographed on a company one other time. I learned after the winter concert that you can get the same look and effect you want without making the moves so complicated. The meaning behind something can be deep but the movement itself can be very simple. Overall the most important thing I learned, especially this year when I was choreographing, is that having an outside opinion or having other inputs on something can makes it so much better. I had never done a dance for camera video before this final and being in a group of six really helped because we all threw out our ideas and having everyone give their opinions made our video so much better. From filming our video, I learned that you can make different effects you can't do on a stage because you can take hundreds of different shots from hundreds of different angles then just cut and paste them together to get a cool result. And sometimes it isn't always about the moves but the location can be a key part when it comes to dance for camera.  I also learned that it isn't always what the moves are but the visual effect that the person viewing will see. And lastly, I learned that it can be very time consuming because there are so many possibilities and it can be very hard especially if you have a certain deadline you have to meet. Dance for camera is hard and a lot of time and energy goes into making the videos that we see every day.

No comments: