~ Imagine ~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~

~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~
Dedicated, Disciplined, Determined, Dreaming, Daring Dancers .

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Importance of Team Bonding

This year, while being on PDC, I have learned a lot about teamwork and team bonding. I have learned a lot about the importance of loving the people on your team and how much that helps your dances. Krista had assigned that we go to at least one social per semester, and at first I thought that would be hard because I was new to company, new to high school, and didn't know very many people on the team. After attending the social and having so much fun, I grew a love for the people on my team and could feel more comfortable around them. At the beginning of the year, our team wasn't as close, so we felt like we couldn't go as "full out" as we could, but towards the end, we were so close and we knew that we could do our best and not be judged. My dad had been to both our Winter and Spring concerts, and he felt that our Spring concert was more entertaining and well put together. I feel that this is because we had bonded more and were better friends than at our Winter concert. When you become close with someone, you can feel there presence and feel the connection. This is important in dance because you want to be in sync with those you are dancing with. I have learned to love everyone on PDC, and it has helped our dancing that we have become so close.


No comments: