~ Imagine ~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~

~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~
Dedicated, Disciplined, Determined, Dreaming, Daring Dancers .

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What I learned from PDC...

I absolutely loved being on PDC this year! Honestly we have created the best memories, done some of the most amazing things, danced with some of the best people, and accomplished so much as a team! Dance Company is an outlet for me to express myself and it has helped me create my own style of dancing. It has been a safe and comforting place to be creative and to be myself. I have learned that you don't have to just dance a specific style, you can dance anyway you want. I have grown so much as a dancer because I am able to not just do the movement but feel it and dance it my own way.  I'm so grateful for all of the dances I have been in because each was a new experience to put myself into the piece and it has helped me become a better dancer. Dance Company is the best decision I made this year and I'm so grateful for everything I have learned as far as dancing techniques and different styles of dancing but I am also so grateful for what I've learned about being on a team. Even though we had some rough mornings and nights getting up early or staying late at the school practicing (especially during concert week) we always somehow made a party out of it and worked hard and pulled through together. I have made the best friends this year, they all mean the world to me! They inspire me every day to be better and work harder and I love all of the inside jokes and memories we have made this year! I'm going to miss Kalli, Ash, and Nat so much. I don't want to see them leave. This really has been such an amazing year and I'm excited for next year and hope it is just as amazing!




No comments: