~ Imagine ~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~

~ Create ~ Perform ~ Inspire ~
Dedicated, Disciplined, Determined, Dreaming, Daring Dancers .

Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Journey of a Thousand Miles

Dance company this year has influenced my life in many ways I did not expect it to.  The friends I made, the lessons I learned, the experiences I had, all profoundly changed my life this year.  From early morning practices in the rain, to late night rehearsals when we were all striving to simply stay awake, we endured everything together and I feel like we became a family.  We learned how to work together, cooperate, and be flexible in our opinions when needed.  Everyone on our team is so different in personalities and dancing styles that sometimes it was hard to please everyone, but I feel like we were all very patient with each other and worked together to sort out our differences.   I know that for me, as a blue shaper, I struggled with being patient and positive at all times, especially when I had the stress of school and other activities on top of dance company.  Everyone was always so happy and nice to me and that really helped calm me down in times of stress.  Not only did I grow as a dancer, but emotionally and maturely as well.  The quote that got me through this year was "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."  Every little experience, every little smile, every little dance, all created the big picture for the journey of my junior year.  
I love you all more than I can say, thank you for the memories and experiences, I will never forget them. You have all changed my life for the better, and I would not give up this year for anything.  


No comments: